The Women’s Studies Multimedia Studio
The Women’s Studies Multimedia Studio, founded in Fall 2011, is located in 0135 Taliaferro Hall. This multi-purpose event space and lab is dedicated to fostering connections between Women’s Studies and digital humanities, and presenting art, performance, and scholarship that critically engages issues of identity and difference.
The flexible-use, 28′ x 16′ room is configured as a multimedia lab, event space, and lounge.
Past artists and scholars who visited the studio include:
- author Sara Marcus
- Mobile Homecoming Project
- sound artist Betsey Biggs
- new media theorist and artist Beth Coleman
- intermedia artist Elise Baldwin
- visiting scholar and performer Jamie Coull